Saturday, May 05, 2007

Always be Thankful

I realised that one of the ways to keep a positive outlook in life is to constantly be thankful about things around us. If we can learn to see positive things out of negative situations, we will be so much happier. Hence, I decided to start a list of "Thanksgivings" on the left-hand side of my blog.

Afterall, unpleasant things in life that happened could be blessings in disguise. =)







I want to give thanks for my D-link Internet Router.

Recently, my router's power adaptor has been giving me problems. Every other day, the router cannot work because of its power adaptor. I was quite fed up with it. Finally, I decided to go Sim Lim to get a new one (costs $62).

When I went there, one shop-owner told me that D-link routers have lifetime warranties.
I decide not to buy anything at that point because maybe I can get my old router fixed.

A few days later, I went all the way down to the D-link office at International Business Park at Jurong East. The customer service lady said that my power adaptor is faulty, and hence need a new one. But I would have to pay $35 for it.

However, when I checked my wallet, I only had $10 in cash. The lady said that they only accept cash. And the nearest ATM machine is really quite far. I was like "Arghhh..." because I came all the way down and don't have cash to pay for a new power adaptor. I left the place without getting my router fixed.

Yesterday, I went down to the D-link office yet again. This time, I was prepared to pay $35 cash. However, to my pleasant surprise, the customer service person told me to just take a power adaptor from him, for free! Maybe it's an extra adaptor or something. But it doesn't matter, because I got my router problem fixed for free! =)

Hence, it's a blessing to me that I went down to the D-link office twice.





No comments: