Monday, May 28, 2012

The Last Lesson

Last Thursday, I had my last Science lessons with all my classes in my current school. Instead of just doing the usual teaching, I shared with my students some things that really matter to me. This was kind of inspired by Randy Pausch, who did the famous 'Last Lecture'.

Basically, I shared briefly about values and life lessons that meant a lot to me personally. I hope that my students would not make the mistakes that I did.

Here it goes (I amended some stuff below after listening to Dr John Maxwell earlier today):

  1. Integrity (it's about who I am when nobody's looking)
  2. Humility (appreciate diversity and consider others better than myself)
  3. Resilience (it is okay to fail - no big deal)
  4. Run my own race (excel and not compete)
  5. Have a purpose in life and be passionate about it!
  6. Be others-centred (the world seriously doesn't revolve around me)
Over the next few blog posts, I would share more about the above-mentioned things!

No comments: