Saturday, January 13, 2007

2007 is a Year of Victory for Me!!

How time flies.. 2006 passed by just like that. But I'm really thankful for all the things that happened.

Key highlights for myself include:
  1. I was baptised in Faith Community Baptist Church in Feb.
  2. I got attached in Jun.
  3. I graduated from NUS in Jun.
  4. I taught for the 1st time in Tanjong Katong Sec. School in July
  5. I started my term in NIE in August
  6. I finished 10km Standard Chartered Marathon Run.

This year, 2007, I believe it's gonna be even more exciting. I want to share my top 3 resolutions with everyone. I think the more people we share our resolutions with, the more we are motivated to accomplish them.


1. I want to be an excellent teacher.

As the saying goes "a mediocre teacher teaches, a good teacher motivates, an excellent teacher inspires". I really aspire to be a teacher that can inspire my students.





2. I want to spend more time with my family, including my brother's family.

I look forward to every Saturday whereby my niece (4 years old) and nephew (3 years old) come to my house. I always have so much fun playing with them. This year, I want to make it a point to intentionally come back home for dinners and spend time with my family.




3. I want to complete 21km Standard Chartered Marathon Run this year.

I have ran 10km in 2005 & 2006. I think it's time for me to go for another level of challenge - 21km run. The last time I did 21km was when I was in the army 6 years. It's not going to be easy, now that I'm 26 years old, but I'm willing to train and try for it.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You CAN do it! This is 2008...Let us know how you are doing. Reading your blog made me feel good today. Thanks!