Saturday, January 06, 2007

Are You Ready For Greatness?

Last week, I went to watch "Night at the Museum". It was quite a good movie with lots of laughter and I enjoyed it a lot.

In one scene, Larry (our hero) was about to give up his job in handling the "weird" museum. And Teddy Roosevelt tried to encourage him. The conversation went on something like this:

Larry: That's it. I'm giving up. Nothing I do seems to solve the problem.

Teddy: You can't do that, lad. You can't give up just like this.

Larry: Oh yes I can. I'm going to give up.

Teddy: Lad, some men are born great, some men have greatness thrust upon them. You are one of them.





I was really quite intrigued by what Teddy said. I went back home and did a little research using the internet.

I found out that the origin of Teddy's wisdom came from a letter in one of William Shakespeare's works - Twelfth Night

"Be not afraid of greatness;
Some are born great,
Some achieve greatness,
And others have greatness thrust upon them."



I believe all of us are unique and have our own strengths and aptitudes. We all have the potential to become someone great.

We may not become great in the lives of everyone around us. But we can influence and be great in the lives of some people at least. We all have the power to influence.

Are you ready for Greatness?







No comments: