Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My Newest Toy!!

All my life, I had never own a video game console (like Nintendo, SEGA, PS, Xbox) before. My parents deemed them 'useless', and that they only serve as distractions from studies. But of course, I found entertainment in computer games like Dune 2, Command & Conquer, Warcraft, etc.

Earlier this month, I got myself a new toy. Nintendo Wii!!

I've tried out the Wii console many times prior to buying it. I really enjoyed the interactiveness of many of its games.

One of the main reasons why I wanted to have the Wii console is that I believe that it can be used to engage my whole family, especially the kids. It is family-oriented.

And Wii, unlike other consoles, allow young people to develop their psycho motor skills in a fresh and fun way. At least that's what I believe.

Just last week, when my niece and nephew came over, we had a good time playing Wii Sport and Mario Kart (even though they kept losing!).

My sister and brother-in-law had a great time too. It was really easy for them to pick up the games.

One last reason would be that I want to keep myself fit - hence, I'm looking out for WiiFit (a fun game that makes exercise fun)! Sadly, it's out of stocks in almost the whole of Singapore, as of now.


To be honest, in this time and age, we need to be creative and intentional about engaging families. I hope I'm on the right track in doing that.



My brother-in-law and my brother's daughter





No comments: