Thursday, October 18, 2007

My Life Journey Part 4 - The Hidden Side

When I was in secondary school, I have a side of me that not many people know. Except my NPCC-mates.

I think it all started when I'm Sec 2. Every time, after NPCC training on Fridays or Saturdays, my squadmates and I would go to the usual MacDonald's at KAP (King Albert's Park - the biggest Mac in S'pore) to have dinner. Or if we're tight on money, we will go to the the hawker centre at Beauty World.

After dinner, many of us would automatically make our way to the arcade centre either at Bukit Timah Plaza (the preferred one) or Beauty World. Then we would spend tokens and time and money at the machines. For me, I liked to play fighting games.

Almost every time, without fail, I would spend all my pocketmoney at the machines. Yes, literally down to the last cent.

These are the games that got me crazy (and addicted).


Marvel Super Heroes





X-men VS Streetfighter





Marvel Super Heroes VS Street Fighter





Marvel Super Heroes VS Capcom






Marvel Super Heroes VS Capcom 2






Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo





But seriously, I really don't know how much money and time I've wasted over arcade games. Every week, at least once or twice or even thrice, for a total of about 3 years.

Time is something that once you have wasted, it will never come back. I have wasted a significant part of my youth on arcade games.

Are you wasting your time doing something not worthwhile? Like addicted to online games such as Maple Story or DOTA?




No comments: