Thursday, October 25, 2007

My Life Journey Part 5 - 98S33

After considering VJC (20 min away from my home) and HCJC (45 min), I eventually settled for the more obvious choice. I decided to go to a place where all my friends are. I chose with my heart and not my mind.

Hwa Chong JC is a very different place from The Chinese High. One obvious reason would be that there are girls around. Having being in a boys' school for 4 years, surprisingly, I can still get along with my female classmates.

Being a more Science than Arts person, I chose double maths (C.Maths & F.Maths) and double science (Physics & Chemistry).

98S33. That's my class.


We had a Orientation Camp right at the start of school. It was organised by the Students' Council. The camp was fantastic. Though we were hit with mud and ketchup, dirty beyond reason, my class bonded together really well. And hence, we were quite close. We even had class outings within a short span of time.



After the camp, I made an important decision. I decided to serve the school as a Students' Councillor. To do that, I had to go for elections. My JC classmates helped me come up with simple tokens to get the students to vote for me. My ex-classmates from The Chinese High did a banner with me. My slogan was "No one is more willing to serve you than me."



Yes, I made it. I was elected. But I know that I wouldn't have made it if not for my JC classmates and ex-classmates. I'm really thankful for them. They have made a difference in my election campaign.

And hence, my life in JC totally changed after I was elected.

Always be thankful for your friends. Especially those that stood by you in times of need. You can also choose to stand by your friends when they need you. I think there's more joy in the latter case.



No comments: