Thursday, July 12, 2007

Teachers' Investiture Ceremony 2007

Today, I have officially become a full-fledge teacher. I was given the appointment by the Permanent Secretary (for Education) in Nayang Auditorium in NTU. It was a formal occassion and we all had to wear academic gowns. My parents were there to witness the ceremony as well.





How fast time flies. 1 year of teacher training passed just like that. The friends made, the colleagues that did endless projects with me. Well, to a certain extent, that phase of my life is over. I need to move on.

The challenge ahead for me lies: to be an excellent teacher, out to transform the lives of my students and mold their character to be good.

At this point, it is only appropriate that I have this teachers' pledge in my heart always, to remind myself why I want to be a teacher.


We, the teachers of Singapore,
pledge that:

We will be true to our mission to bring out
the best in our pupils.

We will be exemplary in the discharge of
our duties and responsibilities.

We will guide our pupils to be good and
useful citizens of Singapore.

We will continue to learn and pass on
the love of learning to our pupils.

We will win the trust, support and
co-operation of parents and the community
so as to enable us to achieve our mission.

No comments: