Thursday, July 26, 2007

RI Basketball

In RI, I'm also assigned to be one of the teachers in-charge of basketball. I'm really excited about the appointment because all my life, basketball has been one of my passions. Though I never really had any competitive experience, I played a lot of street basketball.

Just last Tuesday, I was down at the Delta Sports Hall supporting our team against Catholic High. It was tbe South Zone 'C' Div Finals. We were up against the defending champions & a really strong team. They have 3 players more than 1.8 m tall. And we're talking about 'C' Div here.

We started really well. We played tough defense. Whenever their tall guys got the ball near the basket, 2 or 3 of our players will swarm him & defend together. That really broke their momentum at the start of the game. By the end of half-time, the scoreline was really close.

In the 4th quarter, our lads began to suffer from serious cramps. 3 of our starters had to rest because of that. Nearing the final minute, our team drew within 2 points. However, we lost concentration & that allowed 2 easy baskets plus a free-throw for the opps.

Despite the loss, I'm really proud of our guys. Their defensive intensity throughout almost the whole game was amazing. They fought hard for every single point on the court. Yes, they may have lost the battle. But I believe they have the potential to win the war - to be 'C' Div National Champs.

Reason? We have a great team & a great coach.

NATIONALS, HERE WE COME!!

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

No comments: