Wednesday, August 01, 2007

救世主 - Savior

As many would have already known, my grandfather, who had been staying with me all my life, had just passed away last Sunday. He had struggled for almost 5 months in the hospital.

It was the first time that someone so close to me left. There are mixed emotions in me. They include sadness, relieved, thankful and peaceful.

Sadness - simply because my grandpa is not around any more. And I miss him terribly at times.

Relieved - because my grandpa need not suffer any more. When he was at the hospital, he could neither drink, eat nor talk. He was actually in pain and discomfort.

Thankful - my church family had been supporting me throughout. Their presences at the wake every night really blessed my family and I. Furthermore, I actually had 3 pastors who came down and prayed for me.

Also, I'm thankful for colleagues at RI as well - Mr. Otto Fong, Mr. Joseph Chong, Mr. Ng Kwon Loong, Mr. Chong Han Guang and Miss Caroline Hoong. They helped me so much with my 4 sec 1 classes when I'm not around.

Last but not the least, I'm thankful for my secondary school friends who came down too. As well as some of my NIE teacher colleagues.


Peaceful - because I know that my grandpa is with the Lord. When he was at the hospital, I asked him who Jesus is.


救世主 (savior) - that was what he wrote (he couldn't talk).

My grandpa is in heaven now - which is really a much better place. I know I will meet him one day.

No comments: