Saturday, August 18, 2007

A Faith Goal Revisted..

It's so easy to be caught up with so many things that I almost forgot something that I set out to do right at the very start of the year. It can be found in this post (2007 is a Year of Victory) way back in January 2007.

My faith goal in 2007: I want to complete 21km Standard Chartered Marathon Run this year.




I have to be realistic. At my present fitness, I can't do the 21km run. I need to train up myself physically.

And that means runs, runs and MORE runs!!

Last week, I had my first training. I ran 4km at the NUS track. It's a small but important step for me to get back into shape.

Yep, I hope to be able to train consistently for at least once or twice a week, given my busy schedule.

Why do I want to join this run?
1. I want to challenge myself.
2. A healthy and fit body gives me the alertness, strength and tenacity to press on in life, even when things are rough.
3. I want to train my mind to be determined. A lot of it depends on the mind when we go for long distances like 21km.


Who wants to join me? =)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.