Friday, August 24, 2007

Hi Sir, I'm from Fraud & Security..

My handphone rang in the middle of the night last Thursday. It was an unknown number.

"Hi Sir, I'm from the Fraud & Security Department of a bank. We suspect that your credit cards had been stolen."

I was like ....

Then after talking to the guy, I realised what had happened. I actually had applied for a credit card 3 weeks ago. However, the credit card never came. Somehow along the way, someone stole my credit card and used it.




That someone used my credit and choked a bill of more than $3000.

I can't believe this happened to me. I lost something that I had never received in the first place. Gosh.


The Fraud & Security guy told me to make a police report. Yes, I reported the loss of something that I had never seen or touched before. Strange right?

Anyway, I was a bit like asking "Why me??" Honestly, I felt a bit resentful that this kind of thing can happen to me.

Last night, someone reminded me of 1 of the key attitudes that I wanted to have in the year 2007. And that is to be
always thankful. Looking at this credit card case, I realised that I can learn to be positive about it.

I'm thankful that the Fraud & Security department of the bank notify me that some suspicious transactions had occurred.

I'm thankful that the bank froze the usage of the stolen credit card.


I'm thankful that I do not have to pay a single cent for the credit card bill.

See? There're indeed many things to be thankful about. If you're in a difficult situation, do try to be thankful. You will find more joy and gladness. It's a matter of perspective. =)

No comments: