Thursday, August 02, 2007

My Grandpa's Legacy

My grandpa was cremated earlier in the afternoon. Together with many relatives and friends, my family and I were at the Bright Hill Crematorium to witness the cremation. Strangely enough, I don't feel very sad. I think it's because I know that he has already gone to a better place.

Many memories began to stir within me. I can remember the times that my grandpa took me out to play at Chinatown area when I was younger. I can also remember how often he brought me to the hawker centre near my house to eat my favorite Char Kway Tiao. I really miss him.

But was memories the only thing my grandpa left behind? No. My grandpa left behind a great and wonderful legacy - people. He had 1 wife, 2 sons, 2 daughters-in-law, 3 grandsons, 2 granddaughters, 2 granddaughters-in-law, 1 grandson-in-law, 1 great-grandson and 2 great-granddaughter.

He had brought up a great family - 17 people in all (including him). I am so proud of my grandpa.



No comments: