Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Are Your New Year Resolutions S.M.A.R.T.?

One of the key reasons why people fail to achieve their new year resolutions is because their resolutions are not SMART.

Don't get offended. I don't mean SMART as in clever or something.

SMART means
  • Specific

  • Measurable

  • Achievable

  • Realistic

  • Time-framed

    We need our goals to be tangible, and not vague. Let me try setting some SMART new year resolutions..


    1. I want to lose weight and hit below 70 kg by the end of the year!
    At present state, I'm about 78 kg. This means that I have to cut down on fried food and fast food. I must exercise regularly. My aim is that I will go to the gym 3 times a week.



    2. I want to go home for dinner 3 times a week (twice on weekday nights, and once on weekend nights).
    I really want to spend more time with my family. Family ties are important to me.


    3. I want to finish at least 4 Christian books by the end of the year.
    In 2008, I want to enrich myself. When I read books, I really can tap into the wisdom of people who are far wiser than me.








  • No comments: