Sunday, January 27, 2008

That's life...

Just a day ago, I received news that one of my secondary school classmates, Eugene (not his real name) suffered a relapse. He was found to have cancer of the blood a few years. Thankfully, he was able to overcome the illness at that time.

Until now.

And so it happens that Eugene had a very good friend, Jason (not his real name again). I was in the same class as the two of them when I was Sec. 3 and Sec. 4.

Jason had passed away about 4 years ago. Cancer of the blood as well.

I really asked God "Why?". Eugene and Jason are both of the same age as me. Good academic results. Good people. Good characters.

My heart was really heavy when I went for service today. When I read Psalm 27, together with the rest of the church, it gave me great comfort. Though I still don't have an answer as to why things had to happen to Eugene and Jason, I believed that I will eventually see the goodness of God in this fallen world, and not just tragedies. I just need to wait.


13 I am still confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the LORD
in the land of the living.

14 Wait for the LORD;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the LORD.


Life can be unpredictable. Are you cherishing every moment of your life as if it's the last?


There's something practical you can do for Eugene. If you're between 17 - 50 years old and are reasonably healthy, do go down and register yourself as a Bone Marrow donor. You just need to give a small amount of blood to be checked and fill up a simple form. Find out more at this website:
The Bone Marrow Donor Programme. You can save lives.




No comments: