Friday, March 09, 2007

I Love You

I Love You.


3 simple words.


3 simple words that convey so much feelings.


To me, these 3 simple words are reserved for people really closed to my heart. I don't say it easily to anyone.


But today, I realised that I have been too stingy with these 3 simple words.


My very own grandfather is right now in intensive care unit at SGH. His condition is not so good at the moment.


And today, at the hospital, I realised I have never told my grandfather "I love you" before. At the thought of this, I almost couldn't control my tears.


My grandfather really meant something in my life. I could remember the times that he brought me out to Chinatown to play when I was only a small boy.


Tomorrow, when I go and visit him, the first thing I'm going to say is "I love you, Ah Gong."


In life, we often don't cherish the people that we have (especially our own family members). It's only when they leave us or about to leave us, then we become worried and sad.


Cherish your family, especially your grandparents. They may not know how to say they love you. But I'm sure you can.


No comments: