Tuesday, March 13, 2007

There can be Miracles...

For the past few days, it has been really intensive for me and my family. We have been in and out of the hospital repeatedly.


My grandfather is still in Intensive Care Unit in SGH, even as we speak. But I really thank God that his condition has improved significantly. He's no longer bleeding internally. And his red blood count is at a healthy level.


This is indeed a miracle!! Yes! There can be miracles! The doctors were like all not very optimistic about my grandfather's condition. He's old and his heart is weak.


For me personally, I discovered a lot about myself throughout this time. I realised that I couldn't really handle my emotions well in times of grief. However, the turning point when one of the youths in my cell group, Kenneth, smsed me these three verses from the Bible (Psalm 112: 6- 8):


6 Surely he will never be shaken;
a righteous man will be remembered forever.

7 He will have no fear of bad news;
his heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD.

8 His heart is secure, he will have no fear;
in the end he will look in triumph on his foes.


It was like an affirmation from God. Earlier in the morning, I was reading through the same psalm. I felt that verse 7 was something that was meant for me. I even memorized it. From that point on, I was able to handle my emotions so much better. I really thank God for it.


As for my grandfather's condition, honestly, there's really nothing much I can do. I can only pray. His life is in God's hands and He loves him more than I do. I surrender all.



No comments: