Sunday, March 25, 2007

Blood Donors = Life Givers

My grandpa is still inside ICU. His condition is steadily improving, thank God for it.

Over the course of his condition, he had undergone several blood transfusions. In all, he had been given more than 10 bags of red blood cells. Do u know that a normal person has only approximately 10 bags of blood in his body? That means that my grandpa had really lost a great deal of blood.

And I really want to thank all the blood donors who gave their blood to the blood bank. Because of them, my grandpa was able to survive.


I decided that I should do my part too. Together with my girlfriend, Dawn, we went to the blood bank at Health Sciences Authority (next to SGH) and donated blood. We both hoped that our donated blood can be used to give life to others, in times of need.









See? It's not so painful. Look at our faces...

Just as my grandpa was blessed, I would also want to bless others with my blood. I decided to be a regular blood donor.

Blood donation's really easy. The pain is very minimal. You just need to go to the blood bank or any blood donation drive. Of course, there's certain requirements that u need to have. Information on this can be found here.


No comments: