Saturday, April 07, 2007

Thank God It's Friday!!!

Good Friday used to be just an ordinary holiday for me. I looked forward to it because there's no school, and I can go out with my friends.

But in recent years, since I became a Christian in 2003, Good Friday has taken on a really different meaning for me personally. It's a day whereby Christians all over the world remember our Lord Jesus going to the cross 2000 years ago.

And this year's Good Friday, I did something different. Together with another lady leader in my church, Kelly, we brought our youths to West Coast Park to have half a day of fun and to also share the true meaning of Good Friday.

Altogether, there were about 25 youths, and everyone really had fun! All these wouldn't have been possible if not for the planning committee, Venelyn, Yingxin, Kenneth Pang, Tzer Wern, Joanne, Valerie and even little Kimberly. I really thank God for these wonderful youths who rose up and came up with this great event!! You guys were really great!!

Of course, besides having Treasure Hunt and Water-bombing, we had Praise & Worship. It was a time whereby we all settle down in our hearts and sang songs to our Lord Jesus.

Good Friday. It's truly a day whereby we celebrate the greatest miracle of love. Our Lord Jesus, being the son of God, is willing to die for us in the most brutal manner (which was the cross). He had the power to resist, but He chose not to.


The only reason is that He loves us. He loves you and I. That's the greatest miracle of love.

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only son, so that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."
- John 3:16

If you truly want to experience a miracle of love, you don't have to wait another day. You can do it now. Just invite Jesus into your heart. He loves you.


No comments: