Saturday, April 21, 2007

Each Day is a Gift, that's why We Call it the Present

Just a few days ago, I heard that one of the students in Springfield had been admitted to the hospital. She was allegic to some medication that was given to her. I do not know the exact details, except for the fact that she's only Sec 1, 12+ years old. And she's fighting for her life in the hospital.

I had been going to the hospital almost everyday, for more than one and a half months. My grandpa stayed in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at SGH for more than a month. Just like the Sec 1 girl, he was also fighting for his life.

Thank God that a miracle happened and he survive (despite him being 82 years old)! He's much better now, and is no longer in critical condition. I pray that the Sec 1 girl will also experience the same kind of miracle as my grandpa.

I really feel that life is precious. Every single second of it. We would never know when our life would suddenly end. But I guess, the key question that we all should answer would be: "If I am to suddenly leave this world, what are the things I have left behind?"

"Is it a lot of unresolved issues with my loved ones? And have I caused them so much pain and hurt?"

No. Everyday, I want to be able to be a blessing to the people around me.

Whatever accomplishments that I may have gotten, (like my degree, like my car, etc) they are of no value when I leave this world. People will forget them very quickly. But if I am able to touch lives and transform them while I'm alive, I believe that these are things that will last.

Treasure each day of your life. Don't waste it. Always be a blessing to others.








No comments: