Tuesday, April 10, 2007

What is LOVE?

What exactly is LOVE?

Just last night, I was talking to my Ah Po (grandma). She told me something that shocked me. She said that she and my Ah Gong (grandpa) had been married for 63 years!

Isn't that amazing? I think that's really love.

Love is when I see my Ah Po going hospital everyday to visit my Ah Gong even though she's already 83 years old.

Love is when I see them committed to one another in marriage for 63 years.

I think this is the kind of love that I would want to go for. Committed love.

Love is really about commitment. Sadly, in this present day context, the value of the word "LOVE" has been cheapened. People just say "I love you" without thinking about its true meaning. There are so many divorces nowadays that out of every 10 marriages, 3 end up in divorce. And we're talking about Singapore.

I pray that I would be like my grandparents when I get married. They really understand the word "LOVE" and "COMMITMENT".


My beloved Ah Gong & Ah Po



No comments: