Monday, March 05, 2007

We're One Family!!

I have been super-busy during the Chinese New Year period.

No, I wasn't so busy going house-visiting my relatives.

I was busy because I was part of the organising committee of the Chinese New Year Celebration for SM3 students. I'm in charge of logistics.

(For your info, SM3 students are students who came from China to study at Singapore universities.)

This was the first I was involved in such big-scale planning. There were around 200 people in all! Check out the photo below:


I really learnt a lot out of organizing this event. I learned to coordinate many different things. I had to settle food, chairs, tables, location, oranges, yu sheng, etc. Everyone kept asking for me. I wished I could have split into two or three.

I also think that's the biggest mistake. I must learn to give tasks and responsibilities to others. I tried to carry too many roles. In fact, I actually have helpers.

Overall, I still had a lot of fun and learnt lots of things. I think that every SM3 student had a good time celebrating Chinese New Year. The theme was "We're one family!". This is their first CNY in Singapore. It sure was a memorable one! :)




No comments: