Friday, February 02, 2007

Beauty to Rescue






















Most of us have read fairy tales, like Rapunzel, Cinderella, Snow White & the Seven Dwarves, and many others.

The themes of these tales are always the same: Damsels in distress, and behold! The knight (or prince) in shining armour comes along and saves the day.

Even modern movies and drama serials, we can often see the same theme as well.

Every time I come across such themes, I can always imagine myself to be the main male character, either being a cop, a prince, or some dragon-slayer or witch-killer.

Isn't that something that we guys all deeply desire? That we can have a beauty to rescue?

Perhaps some of us have not found the beauties to rescue. Perhaps some of us are too young to think about it.

Still, what we can do now is to prepare ourselves. And be ready to resuce the beauty when she comes along.

Be proactive, and not passive guys.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm... Mr. Pang you are advocating the justification of gender sterotypes. Not everyone needs a beauty to 'rescue'. I believe feminists will concur with me. Guys should not be passive, true perhaps, but being overly exuberant in his skirt chasing is surely a big turn off.

Nicodemus Pang said...

Hi, Zeek, thankful for your comments!! Thanks for reading my posts and putting up your thoughts.

Perhaps I didn't elaborate well enough in my post. Let me try to do it here. :)

When I wrote a man needs a "beauty to rescue", I have never meant that ladies are of the weaker gender.

I just meant that guys always have something inside them that wants to rescue the girl of his dreams. In fact, there's also something inside girls that wish that one day, a prince charming would come into their lives.

Of course, you're right in saying that we guys should not just try to rescue EVERY single girl that crosses his path. Guys must think through properly and consider carefully before making any moves.