Friday, February 16, 2007

The Gathering... (of Teachers)


The photo above was taken when my Maths class in NIE went for a lunch gather at Pizza Hut at Clementi. It is really amazing that everyone of us is going to start our practicum teaching in less than 2 weeks time.

I must say that I have really enjoyed all my Maths classes in NIE for the past 7 months or so. Each of my classmate had been such a blessing to me that I think I got no space here to write them all. I will only give a few special mentions here...

I want to give thanks for our beloved class rep, Qiu Lin! She's really responsible and made learning for us so much easier. She's going to be a fantastic teacher, no doubt about it.

I want to give thanks for Junjie, Paul and Tze Kun. They are such wonderful team-mates in my Maths class. They have really given me so much encouragement that I think Maths class will be not so interesting if not them.

And of course, I really want to thank my Maths tutor, Dr. Ng too. He's really a very good tutor will go to all lengths to help us trainee teachers teach better in the future.

How time flies.. I'm going to Springfield Secondary soon. My NIE days are numbered. I realized that unknowingly, over time, my Maths class had kind of built a certain bond together. I was really overjoyed to be able to have lunch outside of NIE with them.

I know that the path ahead in teaching is not going to be easy. There will be hurts. There will be disappointments. There will be fear.

But I believe that there will also be true joy. The joy of seeing the lives of our students transformed. As what Mother Teresa said "Do good anyway." I'm really encouraged when I read about this quote from her, about people. I hope that you will be blessed as you read.



People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered;
Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies;
Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight;
Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have and it may just never be enough;
Give the world the best you have anyway.

You see, in the final analysis, it's all between you and God;
It was never between you and them anyway.

No comments: