Thursday, February 08, 2007

A Tale to Tell... (Part 2)

After overcoming the initial shock, I began to ask myself what I want to do next. Should I try to come between Alicia and her boyfriend? Or should I just give up contacting her? At that age and maturity, I honestly don't know what to do.


Then on my birthday, Alicia actually gave me a soft toy!! I think I almost went crazy. First time a girl give me a personal birthday present. And it's from the girl I liked!


I thought through after some time. Well, we're still good friends. She probably doesn't know I liked her. Ok, I decided that I want to be good friends with her ONLY. I will not try to make her break up with the boyfriend.


And it worked! We were really good friends. Almost every night, I would call her to chat with her, BEFORE her boyfriend call her. Though I try to tell myself, we can only be good friends, deep in my heart, I was hoping that a miracle would happen. Yah, all along, I didn't tell her that I liked her.


But no miracle happened for me. As time passed, I started to realized that there's another guy from my CCA, Benny (not real name of course), who became quite close to Alicia. All of a sudden, it's like they will be together quite often in school. I didn't have the courage to tell Alicia I liked her. Nor do I dared to ask her what's happening between Benny and her.


I felt left out. Depressed. My moods will consistently be down.


Finally, I made a resolution. I decided to give up. I stopped contacting Alicia completely. I began to focus on other things in school.


Then one night, the most unexpected thing happened. Alicia called me. She was crying...



(To be continued...)

No comments: