Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Today, someone from FM 98.5 called to interview me about the volunteering work that I do with TOUCH. One question in particular:

"What does Christmas mean to you personally?"

I told her that as a Christian, Christmas is a very special day whereby we remember and celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. It's really a time of thanksgiving to the Lord.

Christmas is also a season of giving. It is always more blessed to give than to receive. This year, I decided that I want to do something different. I want to celebrate Christmas with my family. I wanted to bless each of them with gifts and remind them the meaning of Christmas.

Hence, today, I went shopping with one of my spiritual sons, Kevin at Junction 8. I haven't shopped like that for so many years. I was so exhausted at the end of the shopping spree.



It's good to wish each other "Merry Christmas". But we must not just have "Merry" without the word "Christmas" accompanying it.






No comments: