Monday, November 13, 2006

Good News & Bad News


As we all know, there has always been friction between Vatican City and Israel.

One day, the Israelites wanted to organize a friendly golf game with the Vaticans so as to ease tensions between the two states. The Vaticans came together and disucssed who to send for the golf game. They really wanted to win and beat the Israelites.

One Vatican cardinal suggested, "I heard that there's this very good golf player by the name of Jack Nicklaus. Why don't we make him a cardinal and get him to represent us against the Israelites? With him on our side, we sure can win."

Hence, Jack Nicklaus became Cardinal Jack Nicklaus. He went for the golf game and came back to report to the Pope later on. He told the Pope, "I have one good news and one bad news for you, your Holiness. Which one do you want to listen to first?"

"Good news, of course!" the Pope replied.

"I had a great golf game that day. My shots were accurate and my driving was fantastic. In fact, I think that must have been one of the best games I had ever played!"

"That's wonderful! Then what is the bad news?" the Pope pressed on.

"Well, I still lost the golf game by 3 strokes to Rabbi Tiger Woods."


'Sometimes, we are given both good news and bad news. We often just want to hear the good news and ignore the bad news. But the fact remains, we need both the good and the bad news to give us a complete picture of what's happening.'

No comments: