Friday, November 24, 2006

Why do I want to be a teacher?

That's a question that many people have asked me. These people ranged from the MOE interviewers, to my friends and to my family members.

I think every teacher must really ask themselves that.

Honestly, there can be many reasons. And there's really no right or wrong. It's just a matter of opinion.

For instance,

1) Some go into teaching because it pays well.











2) Some go into teaching because it is a stable job (iron rice bowl).










3) Some go into teaching because they simply love teaching.













4) Some go into teaching because they love children and youths.








It is true that money and job stability can be part of the reasons why we choose teaching, but if they are our main source of our motivation, I think it's hard to last long in the education scene. Perhaps that holds true for every job too.

We need to be passionate about the job that we have. Then we can last long.

I really respect those senior teachers, who have taught for so many years. I believe most of them really have the passion for it.

Well, I chose teaching because I want to be MAD - Make A Difference to my students (positively, of course, I hope)!

No comments: