Tuesday, December 05, 2006

10km Standard Chartered Run...

Last Sunday morning, I went for the Standard Chartered Marathon (SCM). Heh, in case you're wondering, nope, I didn't run the full marathon (42km!). I only ran 10km. Yeah, there's 3 categories for SCM - 42km, 21km and 10km.

Actually, I ran last year too. 10km as well. But the difference is that, this year, I ran in a group. There were 11 of us!! When one of us was tired, we would slow down, encourage him, and then go on together. We even had a lot of fun taking photos along the way.

Well, I realized that running a race in a group is really different. There's strength in unity. When a team of like-minded people gather together and run after a common dream wholeheartedly, I'm sure they can achieve it. Exactly like DTFW (previous posting).

Special thanks to the following people who ran with me: Wai Mun, Tung Ying, Stephen, Junhao, Charles, Yao Tian, Weijie, Junwei, Jerome and Kenneth.

I'm really proud of Kenneth!! He's only 15 years old and was willing to go for 10km run! Amazing for his age (he's not in track & field in school, by the way)!!

No comments: