Monday, December 04, 2006

Dream. Team. Fight. Win.

As mentioned before, I went Genung Ledang with the RI/RJC basketball team last week. Unfortunately, I didn't bring my camera along. Jonathan, their assistant coach has all the photos. When I have them, I will add them into the blog. =)

Something that I really remembered from the trip was when the coach, Yeang Cherng had a good talk with the whole basketball team - including the 'A' Div, 'B' Div and 'C' Div guys. He told them of how he started building the team from scratch. And he reminded them again what the 4 key principles are: "Dream. Team. Fight. Win."

I was really inspired by what he said. I personally believe that in life, we can accomplish almost anything if we follow those 4 principles.

Very often, we have a misconception. When a team of people gather, we always ask everyone for opinions and consensus as to what to accomplish or achieve. It doesn't always work this way because we would probably end up doing something that is easy and convenient for everyone.

But, when the person in authority or the team leader sets a DREAM, those that are willing to go for that dream, form a TEAM around it, then great things can happen. Because there is a common dream for everyone, the team members will be willing to let go of their own personal interests.

When we have such a team, then we can FIGHT for the dream. And we can finally WIN!

To sum it up, to do something great:

1) Have a big DREAM.
2) Get a TEAM of people around the dream.
3) FIGHT for the dream.
4) WIN it!




No comments: